be·tray·al ~ The breaking or violation of a presumptive contract, trust, or confidence that produces moral and psychological conflict within a relationship amongst individuals, between organizations or between individuals and organizations.

Maybe a bit of hyperbole when your talking about a sports team, but I get it... and I was sold on acceptance when I saw your "thinking about giving up season tickets" statement. I was right there after the Steelers game. Sat in the stands feeling like a fool all day, watching another a p!ss-poor performance, then had to drive home four hours. The whole time I'm thinking "why?". Why be so invested? (literally and figuratively)

Got back to Fort Wayne, ripped off my Chubb jersey and threw it across the room (yes, still that heated), sat down at my PC and listed my remaining tickets at TM... face value.

Woke up the next morning thinking "what have I done??". I was sure the Ravens tickets would be gone - they were still there lol.

And so will I be.

It can be a love/hate relationship at times... dysfunctional, irritating, feeling like you're being "cheated on". So I don't think "betrayed" is out of the question. Especially if invested also means thousands of dollars, time, travel, enduring bad weather, etc, etc...

Hang in there, boss... eventually #NxtYr will be #ThsYr!