i have heard people moan about play calling since I first began watching football.

"Why did he call that play?" "Why didn't we run the ball?" How could you go for two in that situation?"

"Third and 5 and we run? Are you kidding me?"

It has been and will always be. However, bear in mind the coaches have way more information to base a call on than we do. I am not saying they are always right. Of course not because it never works whatever the call all the time.

I called pitches as a baseball coach from the bench. You make the call and hope for the best. But you make the call with a lot of information.

So, I accept the plays called. I don't always agree but I accept the calls because I know they have more information available to them than I have.
===========================================================================================

What I have a hard time accepting is field goal kickers missing kicks when the distance is within his range, the field conditions are decent, and they get a good snap and hold.

I can not excuse our kicker missing that field goal last night.

He has to make that kick. It is not like he has to beat another player. He doesn't practice having a player knock the ball from his hands. He doesn't have to contend with anything but the ball if all else is "within reason."

Believe me I know it is not easy. But they are paid to do that one task. They are on a roster because they have shown the ability to make those kicks. They are paid a lot of money. Of course they want to make the kick. And it must feel terrible to miss a game winning kick.

But this is professional football. You have to make that kick.

To a degree the GM is also responsible. They know the importance. NFL games are often close and many are decided by 3 points or less. If you have questions about your kicker. Or, lack faith in them. You have to find a guy who you trust. It is to damn important.

That game was hard fought. We had players playing from the practice squad who have not started a game. It is amazing that we were in a position to win.

Maybe I am over reacting. Maybe that's the way the cookie crumbles. Or, the way it goes sometimes. BS. Make the damn kick.

If I had a line on another guy who I could get. He would be gone today.