Originally Posted by Hammer
Buckeye fans - thoughts on Garret Wilson or Olave? Worth it?

Olave is a great route runner with a really good football IQ. Good separation, good hands, great quickness. I don't know what he'll run, but I'll guess low 4.4s. I can see him outside or inside. He'd be a great addition to the team.

Wilson I think is more of a slot guy than an outside guy, but it doesn't mean he can't play outside. Good route runner, but not as good as Olave. IIRC he was prone to drops, though I didn't see that much this year. Incredible release and once he has the ball in his hands, he's deadly. Good separation, decent to good hands, very goo quickness. I suspect he'll run similar to Olave, maybe mid 4.4s, but again, he's quick as heck. I view him as more of a twitch guy.

I think if we keep Landry (please!), Olave is the better fit. If we get rid of Landry, I think either would be a good fit.

I like the former Buckeye Jameson Williams too - more of a sheer speed threat. And also George Pickens - bigger (and not as fast) guy in round 2 or 3, but another good route runner.

I've said this before, but the guy I want is Nakobe Dean (LB). He's another JOK in my opinion. If we're able to re-sign Clowney, McDowell, and Harrison - he could be the guy that takes a good D to great D (despite Joe Woods).