j/c

I've been wrong lots and lots of times in my life - no shame there. Maybe I will be wrong again regards Baker. That said -

I think judging him on this year with his injuries is the epitome of insanity. Counting his winning drives, interceptions, missed open receivers - pretty meaningless. Pointing to a great half followed by a mediocre half and suggesting the injury is fine - pretty meaningless. jmo.

Whether posters have watched his other struggles and decided to put the nail in the coffin based the way he has played during his short career? He's had issues reading the D, processing speed and interceptions. So maybe? Add to that maybe some personal dislike for his character AND these issues and maybe it's easier to think you've seen enough.

Personally I don't think we've seen enough. Where some might call it excuses - things like 4 HC in 3 years, 4 OC in 3 years, the Kitchens disaster, the mechanics changes last year ... they are all real factors and influences. When Baker has played at his worst - he's been plenty bad, but there have been huge negative influences to look at and possibly add some nuance and explanation. When he's played well he's been the polar opposite. His rookie year setting NFL records. Last year taking the team to the playoffs and having such a high PFF grade for the final 9 games. The first 2 games this year with an 81% completion %.... before getting injured.

I'll continue to believe Baker has the talent and ability to lead this team. When healthy. Burrows won yesterday - the Bengals are in the playoffs, and Burrows played very well. Chase Young might be the best WR in the NFL. He helped a lot. The first pitch and catch TD was 90% Chase. Judging Baker against Allen, Lamar, Burrows, Herbert? I don't really see the point - Lamar and Allen in my mind both definitely would have both been damaged and possibly ruined coming to the 1-31 Browns coached by Hue. Both have gone to franchises that have brought them on and maxed their ability and talent brilliantly in a way I don't believe the Browns could have come close to. And bottom line - we are where we are. I'm absolutely more than happy to ride with Baker. Draft or acquire an Alpha WR. Lose Keenum. Concentrate on finishing pieces to the D and add a little depth to the OL. And stay healthy.

Final thought - for those suggesting we cut bait with Baker because (injured) a better QB would have won at least one more game and got us to week 18 with a chance to play Bengals for the division title ..... what do we do with Joe Wodds and Stefanski? Regardless of how you think they are overall - both have cost the Browns a minimum of 1 game with poor coaching. You want to cut bait on them too? We've certainly seen the same pattern of play calling and coaching for two years. I'm not - I'd like to keep them as well. But if the losing a game counts so heavily against Baker - then the same must apply to really poor coaching too - no?