Originally Posted by steve0255
Check the posts, I'm just confirming what many others are saying. LT is a weak area and needs to be addressed whether Mayfield's the QB or some other dumbass that wants to sacrifice himself at QB in Cleveland. Wills does not have the foot technique to play LT in the NFL. To the contrary, Baker has the skill set but we have a head coach that's more interested in his scheme than molding the team to the skill set of his players. There are hundreds of posts and articles pointing out that fact from the way he's coached this year. Now as per my post, I seriously questioned the drafting of Wills to play LT due to the fact he had limited to no exposure at the position in his life. This concern is coming to fruition sooner than expected. Baker on the other hand had progressive improvement in many areas over his first 3 years entering 2021. Unfortunately, a serious injury by anyone's standards in week 2 caused his play to regress which I blame mostly on the head coach yet many here want Mayfield's scalp even if it is unwarranted.

Wills offensive grade so far for 2021 is 62.1 which is 62nd of the 64 graded starting tackles. The best tackle in football (for the 2nd season in a row) is Trent Williams who currently grades out to 98.2. Conklin graded out to a 78.6 which is the 20th rated tackle. So, when I say that Wills has been a bad experiment, the stats prove that out.

I’m not saying he’s played great this year, but he’s been battling an ankle injury the whole year. Just like Baker and his shoulder which is important for his mechanics. Jedrick has been playing with ankle issues the whole year which is important for his mechanics.

This is one of the reasons I am saying you are contradicting yourself. Year 2 and looking for an upgrade after a season with a bum ankle.