Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Lastly, would you want to play for a HC that put Hudson one-on-one against TJ Watt?

Not only that, but we were still going constant 3-TE sets and never was any of those TEs helping Hudson. It literally makes zero sense on any level.

Its little things like that which inspired me to make this thread. That one point in itself is not strong enough to back my theory or premise. But they all add up. Boot legging to the left more to the right when the complimenting run is going left left left then we fake right??? huh and putting Baker in the worst position to throw regarding his injury. Its like WHY? Then as you state we are playing 3 TE for a strong run game and then when we pass we don't chip block the glaring weakness in our Pass PRO at RT...another WHY and HUH moment.

Another thing its 2nd and 6 and instead of utilizing our play action pass which Baker has tremendous success at we go with EMPTY BACKFIELD as in Hello McFly guess what we are doing would it be PASSING.

How come we didn't practice practice practice 3-5 plays that would make teams pay for blitzing you know get that hot read all understood and well executed No week after week we would see Baker on 3rd down get blitzed on and he has maybe 3 WRs out there running routes where they have yet to turn their heads around. A lot of these things are one of two results. 1. Incompetent coaching 2. Ski does not wish for Baker to succeed and didn't want the locker room backing Baker over SKI...

I don't wish for SKI to leave but I also don't wish for us to give up on Baker and also in that #2 scenario we got the injury involved with the knowledge it would be hard for him to succeed without help instead it seemed we would go and do things that wouldn't help him. Why didn't we ride the CHUBB horse on several occasions where if he needed a blow for a "PLAY OR TWO" not a SERIES or Two to give him a breather and then back on that horse.

Why did we not go NO HUDDLE on just some occasions when we felt their defenses playing us seemed to show evidence of getting a bit gassed...NOT ONCE...again its something that Baker excelled at.

I just don't get it. Never once did I ask for us to fire a HC and I don't wish to start now but we fans are not stupid we see these little nuances against Baker's success and I am not imagining it by some of the responses that I have read.

What to do throwing up our hands and saying well we probably should get rid of Baker and let him go elsewhere and succeed. I don't think that should be the answer. Ski just has not impressed me as in scheme we had the lead many many times and played too conservative and we would play to lose not WIN!!!

How he has kept the lockerroom is attributed to our asst. coaches throughout the team. I'm wondering if a change is to be made Kellen Moore might be the correct direction.

jmho and food for thought.