Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Stefanski needs to hire a legit play caller.

He had one in Van Pelt, at least I think so. This really is a big ? lots of talk was it QB play or play calling...

I think it was absolutely both. This is the thing that sometimes gets me a bit infuriated. . . when you criticize the woeful play calling by KS, and there has been a lot this year, it does not mean you are giving free pass to Baker. Baker has played very badly in many games. It's not one or the other - it is both. Prime examples: In the loss to Packers - Baker has been playing inconsistently with 3 interceptions and something like 6 sacks. 1 in 5 pass attempts in that game lead to disaster. So the last 3 play calls in that game when we were averaging over 8 yards a run attempt? Pass-Pass-Pass. . . . In the loss to Pittsburgh, Baker was shockingly bad, TJ Watt had sacks and pressures 'all day' - and we kept leaving a rookie stand in RT one on one with TJ ... Just nuts.

I don't want Haslam to step in and interfere with anything on the football side - but who is it that holds KS accountable and puts pressure on him to relinquish play calling?