Originally Posted by FATE
Yep. Aside from all the "bickering" we've done as humans over what's fair, what works, who the bad guys are, etc... there is a lot to be said for simple common sense. I avoided all brick and mortar over Christmas, except for that one last-minute trip to WallyWorld... I was astounded, and basically pissed off at humanity. Hundreds of people in the store and about a dozen wearing masks. I get it, most people aren't worried, but at the time (and still) we have hospitals turning people away. Citizenship, civic duty, it's not that hard. On one hand, I don't begrudge anyone their right to live on their own terms; on the other, we all sit around arguing about "science" and become walking, breathing laboratory rats... and pretty dumb ones at that.

Happy to say, at least here in Indiana, it seems people are starting to "wise up". Had to do some shopping today and probably half the population had a mask on their face. It was a pleasant surprise.

In my neck of the woods, you don't have to go far to experience the entire range of the spectrum. Walmart deep in Hamilton... there's always a good chance you're bringing something home, and that was true before COVID.

With vaccines, and the first batch of specialized treatments nearly here, I'm excited for people's decisions about their health only affecting themselves.