Just some food for thought. When you build your offense to run and you don't have quality receivers, highest PFF receiver was Landry @ 74th, then you're a certain loser when you can't run the ball. Case in point, PHI was the number one running offense in 2021 and are getting their azzes cleaned by Tampa because they can't run the ball. NEP who has lived by the run supporting their rookie QB was humiliated yesterday by BUF who shut down the run and forced Jones to throw to a weak WR receiving group. Though the Pats group might be considered better than the Browns, the elimination of the run doomed them from the start.

First, say what you want, when there are 73 WR's rated by PFF higher than your best WR - YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM. The PFF rating grades the WR on every play whether they are getting the ball or not. Second, if your offense is set up around the run and a 2-3 TE set, what WR in his right mind is going to want to come to Cleveland for basically a single position and 150-200 less passing attempts than the top 10 teams (9 of which went to the playoffs this year. As a side note, 9 of the 14 playoff teams were in the top 10 in passing and after 3 games to this point, 2 of the 3 eliminated were not in the top 9 with SFO and PIT also having a strong likely hood of joining that group.

Bottomline is if you can't move the ball through the air at will then you are at a huge disadvantage. People on here are talking about revamping the WR's, what the hell for if you're going to run a 1 WR set more than 50% of the time? Someone earlier suggested Kirk and Fuller in FA to go with Landry. My question is what the hell are the other 2 guys going to be doing when the Browns are running 2-3 TE sets over 50% of the time. If you're going to go out and get WR's either through the draft or FA you have to change the scheme if you want to have any chance of a FA's coming here. At this point, I don't see Stefanski changing or Berry making him change but I will predict this - if there is not a dramatic improvement over 2021, Stefanski and Berry will both be gone long before Mayfield moves on to another team or gets a new deal. If you're going to run an outside the norm offense you had better win - another losing season or missed playoffs will fall squarely on Stefanski and Berry's shoulders long before it hits Mayfield.