Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I agree, you can't forget the little guy. It's like a marriage. It takes both to really make things work. No disagreement at all. My only rub is about giving breaks to others not helping the "little" guy.

I would never forget the "little" guy. My Dad was a "little" guy. He just happened to make a lot of money. He and his Army buddy started a business after the war. His buddy was the engineer, dad was the mechanic. His buddy ran engineering, dad ran the shop. The two of them managed the business that grew in to maybe 150 employees.

One helluva good story Peen... Both grandfathers of mine came here from Italy.. didn't speak the language, no Money... Both worked hard, raised families, built businesses that were successful... Love stories like that.

When I say helping the wealthy and corps, I say so with knowledge and memory of this last tax break they got.. It was supposed to stimulate the economy (which was pretty damn strong to begin with) What actually happened with most companies was major stock by backs.. In otherwords, they didn't keep their word.

At the time, I was ok with the tax breaks but for me, it needed to come with a "catch".. Corps needed to do what they talked about doing... Don't keep your word, tax break revoked... Simple...A fair exchange...

I don't have an issue with CEO's doing what's best for their corps.. They have a responsiblity to do so.. But when they sell the tax cuts as a way to do do right by the little guy, then break your word, that's it for me.