Originally Posted by clwb419
While I completely agree WR is a need, I don't see us going there in round 1 (clearly a lot can change in the next 3 months). I've pimped Nakobe Dean before and I think he (or Devin Lloyd) combined with JOK would be a nightmare for offenses to plan for. Lloyd may be the better all around LB, but Dean's speed and ability to process makes up for it. To be open, I saw more Georgia games (4 or 5) than Utah (2) this year so I don't have a fair comparison.

In round 2, I'd like to see Leal if he drops. He didn't play as well this year as well as last year from what I read, but the one A&M game I saw he was hard to miss. Otherwise, there should be a few good WR to pick from (Dotson, Pickens, Moore). Its a little early to be specific but it makes the offseason more fun

I agree. I may not say going WR in the 1st would be a mistake.

Evidence shows that #1 receivers don't make much of a impact on ths O.

I also don't think a receiver would meet the criteria of best player available, but that remains to be seen.

While it may meet some need criteria, it isn't the only top need, so I wouldn't place receiver as a singular need. I also think that as you get further in to the draft, it gets easier to find good players v other positions.

One other thing about the O. We are a ball control O. When you have that you need a D to limit TOP for other teams and points scored.

I would lean towards the D with the #1 pick. I also expect us to drop down in the draft. If we do that, then receiver might become a play.