Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Most people are done with this....on the left, the right, and in-between..... even if they won't publicly say it.

She made some good points and articulated some of the issues well. She also made some glaringly wrong statements and leaped to conclusions that aren't justified.

"A pandemic of Bureaucracy" -- I mean that is a great sound bite. I mean as bad as "defund the police" - this is like the opposite. It's great. The trouble is that's a complete and total lie. 5.6 Million dead around the globe - a number most probably grossly under counted. That's not Bureaucracy.

Did the scientists get some things wrong? Did they underestimate how quickly the virus could mutate? Sure. Is that bad? Is that something to be used to then promote irresponsible behavior? Not to me - Everything about Covid 19 was new. Am I angry that at one time media and "science" said to wipe down your groceries? Or to wear a mask? No. You try to take the best precautions you can based on what you think. Was it an inconvenience? Pffft - mildly. If you think wearing a mask in public spaces is a terrible infringement on your right - your an ass. If you think you have the moral high ground because cloth masks aren't effective? You are wrong and still an ass. (not you Memphis - 'you' in general).

I went back to England last November - just like here, the news and radio was 90% Covid. What was taking up at least 50% of the air time was the emotional and phycological impact of isolation, remote schooling, increased suicide rates, increased self harm ... everything related to the lockdown. That's all real and a problem to overcome and address. But the simplistic "I'm done with Covid" is short sighted and as someone just said, Covid isn't done with us. I had a healthy if overweight friend die this last week - no pre-existing conditions. Under 50. Two kids under 12. He's one of thousands that Covid wasn't and won't be over with. There's 100's thousands in the coming months that Covid isn't over with either.