And yes, to your last point, the b.s. drives me bat$h*t crazy. I don't have much of a filter and it's caused my wife a few uncomfortable moments through all of this. "You're worried about a "chip" in the vaccine while you carry your cell phone everywhere you go? Are you crazy?!"

My former business partner had to bury his dad... 72 years old, cancer survivor, hasn't been in good health for over ten years. REFUSED to get vaccinated, even at the urging of his wife and kids. Why did he die? Ask his son... "too many health issues and way too much Fox news".

On the other side of the fence is the other side of our family... Still hiding in a cave, vaccinated, boostered, wiping down packaging from their Wal-Mart delivery as we speak. That's fine, "you do you", but that's not enough for them. Getting together for Christmas was accommodated by their demand that everybody "test" that morning.

No problem, not even with my wife's sister's family that watches videos about the magnets in the vaccine. So what happens Christmas Eve? "We're not going to get together because xxxx isn't vaccinated?" Really? Testing was your be-all-end-all, now it's not good enough? Not having covid doesn't cut it if someone's not vaccinated? So what about "we're not coming over because we don't feel comfortable". Or more bluntly, considering the absurdity, "Christmas is a no-go because we're still afraid of our own shadow".

So now my wife is crying -- because her mom is crying -- on her way over to drop off Christmas presents to the "good" part of the family. The same mom that has been used by them as a pawn since covid started... "Have you been around xxx? Really? Then you can't watch the kids until you quarantine for two weeks, I guess we'll just have to pay for childcare."

She's made herself a prisoner in her own house to accommodate all of their strict "rules".

Funny thing is we've ALL had covid, none of us with more than a few days of hangover-like symptoms, most of us with no real symptoms at all. Yes, covid has now pierced their "great wall" of vaccination and boosterization... and incessant virtue signaling.

I've seen it from all angles.