Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Floquinho
Originally Posted by cfrs15
“Instead of having faith in the process. . .”

So going against the advice of the training staff would have been having faith in the process? Interesting. I wonder how that would’ve gone over in the locker room.

If the training staff didn’t see that he was struggling when playing games then we don’t have the right type of coaches. Like you say. Interesting. Especially that thing about the locker room.

So let's recap. The medical staff said he was good to go. Not only that, he looked good in practice during the week. Add to that he said he was good to play. I think you're just butt hurt.

Sadly you missing my point.

It’s about culture and values. It’s about doing the right thing even when the stakes are high.

You think I’m upset because it’s Baker. Yes I like him but doing the right thing should apply to anyone that you care about. If Berry and Stefanski are serious about making the Browns a successful organization then they have to create a culture built of good and sustainable values. Key words like trust and loyalty. Honest and straight forward communications. Having the right priorities. Doing the right things that creates harmony and a positive atmosphere, things that creates success and long term friendships.

Looking out for your players long term well being is probably near the top of that list. Without them being relatively healthy and feeling that they’re part of a caring family you win nothing.

Baker was wearing a harness and sooner or later he needed a operation. That’s all we need to know. It’s simple. Short or longterm strategy?

Then my last point.

The medical staff’s opinion is only one piece of the puzzle. There is so much more to take into account. The list is long but you saw the end result with playing Baker. Did he look 100% healthy to you? Confidence? Fear? Mood? I can go on but this isn’t specifically about Baker himself, it’s about how this organization taking care of their most valuable assets.

Anyway. Berry and Stefanski needs to learn from this and ask themselves what can they do better in the future,