Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Winston is a pretty good option as a guy to backup Baker that can come in and actually play reasonably well.

Maybe. We’re probably gonna disagree but I wouldn’t bring Winston in unless baker is gone.

It’s gonna be mad drama, cause I think in a real QB competition in training camp, Winston would smoke baker.

And a mayfield on the bench week 1 is gonna make the OBJ drama look like a Disney movie.

I tend to agree. Maybe not so much about Winston smoking him, but the drama for sure. I think the way to go with Baker is to be all in or trade him for whatever some team is willing to pay.

I think we need to stick with baker at this point. See exactly how much the injury played a role. To protect our position, I would build draft picks for next year in the event we need to draft a rookie by trading whatever is required to get a top rated QB. I would love to see us trade down in round 1 to pick up a 1st next year. I would like to go in to next years draft with two 1sts and two 2nds...that will take trading back in both rounds this year.

If QB really is our problem, then trading back isn't going to hurt this years team standing all that much because you are still going to have QB problems. Adding a receiver as an example isn't going to improve Baker all that much if Baker is the problem.