Originally Posted by oobernoober
I think it's hilarious how people are all bent outta shape about this. My understanding is that these people expect Rogan to steer conversation towards sterile conversations or that he should be squashing misinformation or inappropriate talking points like he's supposed to be some sort of thought police, which I completely disagree with. In the Epstein episode, I saw Rogan have his guest give an unfiltered rant about his beliefs which allowed me to see that this guy is absolutely full of the stinky stuff.

Totally agree.
People aren't interested in watching interviews of people that have nothing interesting to say. That's just the way it is. Joe Rogan's interviews are 3 hours long and he has done hundreds of interviews of all sorts of people. People are going to say things that are not true or contentious. Nobody would listen to a show like this expecting to agree 100% with everything the guest says or everything the host says.

Mainstream media is pushing this argument because their business is threatened by podcasters and more importantly, their oligopoly on the narrative is being threatened. It won't be as easy to lie us into wars if people get news from independent creators.
They also don't hold themselves to the same standard. When George Stephanopolous interviewed Trump, and Trump lied, was there any discussions about ABC cancelling their show? Were they pressured into running disclaimers before their broadcasts?

If we held this message board to the same standard, then it should be shutdown, because people, including myself, have posted opinions or information here that has proven to be wrong.

I even listened to a little bit of the Malone interview (I didn't have the attention span for 3 hours), and everything that I heard him say was true. If you put the entire 3 hour interview under the microscope, would something be untrue or contentious? probably, but that seems extreme.

When it comes to providing true information, I would put Rogan's batting average up against any of the mainstream guys on either side, any day of the week.