The fact that we just traded for a “top 5 QB” and this is basically the only conversation we and anyone else is having about it pretty much tells me it was a gigantic mistake. Here we are, probably the most divided I’ve ever seen the fan base and local media. People walking away and honestly, they may be replaced by new fans in time but I don’t see them coming back.

There’s a million proverbs and allegories and fables and stories that basically outline the same message: There are things that you can do that may give you everything you’ve ever wanted in this world that simply aren’t worth the price. It’s the devils bargain. We may indeed win a Super Bowl with Watson… I just don’t think I’d be able to really enjoy it.

I know every team is made up of mercenaries but there are lines, it’s not all relative, you can’t unsee or unknow at a certain point. A team represents a city and ultimately the kinds of triumph we want to embody. Im too old to go back on the stuff I truly believe about how people should treat other people. Short of Watson doing an about face and truly seeking to properly rectify this and change (and my ability to actually believe it’s sincere) I just can’t support the team with an unrepentant beast leading the team. It’s not about being sanctimonious, it’s about being a good person. If you have no interest in being a good person in the world, I don’t want anything to do with you. I definitely don’t want to see you get away with (much less incredibly rewarded) while you seek to only escape justice and throw mud on your victims. It saddens me tremendously that MY team is the one to reward that person. I’m done.