Much of this thread seems like it belongs in the Tailgate forum. Not much football talk. I will stick to football.

The Browns were in a tough spot. In fact, I thought it was hopeless after I saw how much Josh Allen, Burrow, and Herbert progressed. Mahomes was already established. The AFC was/is loaded w/great qbs. We had a dud. Watson is in the group w/QBs such as Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Brady, Herbert, and Burrow. He is ahead of the next tier, which includes Prescott.

I think he will flourish in Stefanski's offense and he is going to be playing behind perhaps the best OL in the NFL. I think that the Draft OL at 13 in the Draft forum thread can die now. Watson played behind perhaps the worst OL in the NFL and still lit it up. I also think he will attract free agents. I don't think any WR/TE would have wanted to come here w/Baker as qb.

I do expect him to be suspended. Probably 4-8 games, but 6 seems about right. However, this trade was not just for this year. It's a 10--15 year commitment. It should give us stability at the most important position in professional sports.

I was a Dorsey guy and I still believe Depo screwed him. But Berry has done a very nice job since he took over. I commend the Browns for trying to improve the team.

I do wish we could have made this move before Baker alienated OBJ. Watson w/OBJ and Juice would have been something special. I get the Cooper trade because he is productive and we still had Baker, so no WR would want to sign here. But Cooper is kinda like Baker in that he disappears late in games. The Covid thing also really upset the Cowboys' management last year. Cooper wasn't "all in." He's very talented, but I'd rather have OBJ and Juice.

Regardless, acquiring Watson is a great move for the Browns on the football field and in the locker room.