Originally Posted by Swish
"yo, remember the time we was driving around in a pontiac aztek? yea that was crazy. i got that one job and upgraded to a Ford fusion. it was better than the aztek for sure. but now that i have the money and assets to afford to daily drive a lambo, i still miss my fusion. why? well, not because it was reliable or anything, it was just better than the aztek."

thats what some of yall sound like right now. yes, Baker was an upgrade from those miserable days, but lets not act like that was a very high bar to clear. i get that those days were bad, but take a step back and realize that we can't get comfortable with average (was he even average?) which was Baker.

since 2018, baker lead the league in batted passes and interceptions. if he was really that dude, he'd already be traded to another team to be the starter.

You nailed the analogy. I keep hearing about when we were 1-31. Yeah, I remember that, but that argument means we should be happy with 2-30. Mediocrity was an improvement, but at some point we should want more than that.