Hey Fate. That is a good post w/some good questions.

It's a little of both w/the leadership in the locker room. I never thought Baker's attitude would transition well w/grown men. There are also all kinds of rumblings out there about how he lost the locker room w/his arrogance, lack of preparation, and immaturity. Also, I have lived in South Carolina for awhile now. Everything coming out of Clemson was about what a great person and what a tremendous leader Watson was. Do you remember his HC comparing him to Michael Jordan? In the pros, it was reported how much respect he garnered from his teammates and other players.

Your questions at the end are valid. I don't think the offense will get off to a rocky start once Watson plays. I have a completely different take on Stefanski and his offense than many around here. I also feel quite differently about a lot of talent that is on offense. I feel those things were said as excuses for Baker. Watson had an historic year when he last played and that team was pure garbage.

I think his teammates are going to be cool w/Watson. But, you raise a great point about the fanbase. I'll add in the local media. Baker is beloved by a large percentage of the fan base. For the most part, the local media feels the same way. I still can't believe that Jake Trotter guy came here from Oklahoma to cover the Browns. That seems dirty. I think the fans and probably a good portion of the media are going to be looking for reasons to trash Watson, Stefanski, and Berry. If Watson is suspended at the beginning of the season and team is losing......it could get really ugly. That will put an undue amount of stress and pressure on the entire organization. The coaching staff will be crucified and that kind of crap wears on players. I hope I am wrong about all of that, but......