Originally Posted by KashDawg
I see where you are going with this, but it validates what I was saying about Baker not being as good as some think he is. Houston easily could have negotiated Baker in this deal, maybe even for one less 3rd or 4th. Why risk wasting a 1 on someone that has already proven himself if he really has? Know what I mean?

Kash, the Texans would not have had to spend draft capital on Baker. He could have been included in the Watson deal had Houston wanted him. If a good qb is available, you trade for him. There are a lot of Baker fans who are in denial and still can't admit they were wrong about Baker. Hell, who cares if you were wrong about a qb in college? NFL teams have a hard time identifying collegiate qbs.

Last year at this time, folks were saying they wouldn't trade Baker for any qb in the league. This year, the league has shown that there is very little interest in Baker and his fans are still trying to deny it and fabricating excuses as to why Baker wasn't wanted in Cleveland and why teams are not trading for him. Teams will trade for you or sign you if you can ball. We are seeing that first hand w/so many teams who went after Watson.