j/c:

I think the guaranteed money is a factor, but is his salary which is close to $19 million really all that much for a qb who folks were saying was the best qb in the league, or top 3 in the league, or top 5? Is it really that much for a starting qb?

What is Carson Wentz's salary? I thought he was paid more than Baker? What did the Colts give up to acquire him last year? How much does Jimmy G make? Goff?

I am also not buying the Browns can't move him because teams know they have to move him. Did Watson play last year? Were there not at least 8 teams interested in him? Did not four teams go after him hard and were willing to give up three first round picks and more? Haven't other players like J. Ramsey forced their way off of teams? Didn't their new teams receive compensation?

I do think Baker is one of the best 32 qbs in the league. Probably somewhere between 25 and 30. However, it's too early to give up on some of the guys he is ahead of. Youngsters like Z. Wilson, T. Lawrence, J. Fields.

I also think that Baker's salary is a factor in why teams aren't lining up. However, his poor play is another factor. When former players and coaches talk about things having to be perfect for Baker to succeed, they are not talking about the team's prior record, who the HC is, etc. They are talking about how he needs a great OL who doesn't allow any pressure and not only gives Baker time, but also a huge amount of space to to survey the field. They are talking about having a dominant run game that forces teams to bring up an extra man or two into the box which gives the receivers more room to get open. They are talking about a scheme designed to hide his flaws, such as him not being good in the pocket. They are talking about limiting Baker's reads and responsibilities. All those things can be accomplished, but teams adjust. Folks are fooling themselves if they think otherwise.

I also think Baker's personality is a factor. I don't think Baker would be good for the locker room if we keep him to back up Watson and/or start in the case Watson is suspended. I don't think Baker will handle it well if he has to "compete" for the starting job w/a guy like Drew Locke. I think Baker's arrogance while displaying such insecurities is alarming. That is not the guy you want to lead grown men. Stomping off the field after a win because some fans booed you after throwing 3 picks and then chastising the fans and media is not a good look.

Dan Orlovsky, who is one of the very, very few former players to defend Baker suggested that Baker should go to Tampa Bay to sit behind Tom Brady for a year and learn what it takes to be a pro. Baker does have arm talent. Maybe he can salvage his career if he understands how to become an adult and a professional.