Goff is a good comparison to Baker in some ways. He looked good for a while and played well at times, but the Rams got rid of him after a playoff run. Now he is with the Lions. and plays decent, but now there is talk of him being replaced already. Once the league has your number, you have to learn to adjust and improve your game. Neither Baker or Goff achieved that. I always liked Baker, but, it is clear that he could not adjust. It is also abundantly clear that defensive coordinators and players figured out how to stop him. They knew once he was pressured, he would get antsy in the pocket, and he did. They knew he had problems seeing the field and many times just laid back a bit and timed his passes to bat them down.

I truly believe Baker will always have trouble with his mechanics due to the fact that once he faces pressure, it is in his head. Getting sacked a lot, and then being hurt and being hit a lot has messed with his psyche. Once he leaves this team, I really don't care how he does. He gave us some good games, and played all out all the time. But bottom line, is unless he does some serious work on his game, I think he is destined to always be a guy who shows flashes, but is never consistent.