j/c:

I have different takes on Arians retiring.

--First and foremost, I give BA a ton of credit for how he was always so willing to embrace diversity in the work place. I'm pretty sure he hired the first female assistant coachi in the NFL. I know he hired a lot of black men. Hell, both his coordinators in TB are black men.

--I heard about the supposed rift between Brady and BA, but I don't think Tom forced him out. I think BA chose to retire now rather than at the end of the season for two reasons. The first was that there was obviously a lot of chaos surrounding the organization w/Brady's announced retirement. I believe that BA didn't want to add to that mess. I also believe that he really wanted Bowles to succeed him and felt this was the best way to go about it.

--I also think Bowles got the job over Leftwich because he has prior HC experience and is familiar w/the Patriot way, which should make Brady more comfortable. I also think that some of their defensive talent might come back now that Bowles is the HC. Leftwich has a solid shot of becoming a HC next year and let's face it......going to Jax this year was not an ideal situation for a first-time HC>