Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by jfanent
Are there any Browns players speaking up in defense of Baker?

jf...as Pit attempted to point out to you, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the guys in locker room are smart enough to know that the guy who signs their checks gave Baker the boot and it might not be good for their future employment with the Browns if they needlessly start giving out opinions concerning a deal the boss loves.

Knowing what is best for their own job security shows a degree of understanding from those in the locker room that "some fans" just don't seem to understand.
While I haven't heard any players voice vocal support for Baker, nor have I heard any say that they are glad he's gone, they have remained fairly neutral, which they should...

But what is telling is how OBJ expressed an interest in coming back with Watson here. Jarvis seemed reinvigorated to stay with Watson here. And Clowney also seemed more interested in resigning with Watson here. That doesn't mean that they don't like Baker, but it does indicate that they view Watson as the much better QB to get them and the team in a better place.

It also speaks to the fact that knowing they had a QB was a huge mental upgrade to the lack of surety of the Baker Mayfield situation.

The more details come out, the more I feel like Baker slammed the door behind himself on the way out last season.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines a bit:

Originally Posted by Andrew Berry
“If there’s probably one thing that I would regret or kind of go back [and do] differently, when [Mayfield] had been notified that we were one of the teams that Deshaun wanted to meet with, late that Monday night, we set up the visit,” he said, per USA Today. “I had set up a call for Baker’s representation the following morning. The news got out before I was able to make that call.

“You always hate those type of situations because it kind of gives off an appearance of —that’s never how you want someone to find out about that situation. That’s the one thing I wish I had done a little bit differently.”

Seems like Bake was strictly "talk to my people" as far as his m.o. towards the FO this offseason. I'm sure there were plenty in the locker room that knew that.