I love your post! I am just in awe of this series and have always had a soft spot for the 80s in particular since I was born late in that decade. Man, there's just something about the music, style, and times that is cool as hell. It really makes me want to get in a time machine and go back to that time as soon as possible! And I can't believe people used to wear Miami Vice like clothes, that is awesome! . ooo Personally I like the style, it looks hip and classy! I definitely would have had my unconstructed suit jacket.

I guess watching Miami Vice was a long time coming for me as I've been a big Michael Mann fan for quite a while. I love everything about his movies and content, they're just so stylish and atmospheric. Mindhunter, Thief, Heat, To Live and Die in LA (wasn't Mann but seemed like it), all great work! This most recent episode I watched of Miami Vice had Bruce Willis on it! Lol! Didn't expect that. It's nice to see in reference to the recent news about his condition.

When I read your words about prime time viewing it instantly brought me back to a simpler time in my life when I was a child. We all huddled around the TV to make sure we were there for things like the airing of TGIF or as we called it the Friday night lineup featuring Family matters, Boy Meets World, Step by Step. On Saturday's we looked forward to SNICK on Nicklodeon and Are You Afraid of the dark. I loved those times because the first airings provided a sense of community, a belonging that you shared in something special. Only people of certain generations can understand that, it's hard to explain.

If I could I would go back to a time before social media, streaming, and most of the Internet. It's funny cause I make my living thanks to software but I'd trade that in a minute!