Interesting topic.

I wonder if two opposing trends can be true at the same time?

For example:

--It is a trend to make hay while your qb is on his rookie contract. You can afford to pay other players more money. The key is that you need to find the right qb and evaluating how collegiate qbs will do in the NFL is very difficult. For example, guys like Wentz, Goff, Trubiski, Rosen, Baker, Darnold, etc have proven to not be the guy while guys drafted lower like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Lamar, Watson, etc have proven to be better than qbs drafted ahead of them. I still think that finding a great QB in the draft is the way to go.

--On the other hand, the last two Super Bowl champions acquired QBs and went all in on spending money to win it all. Tampa Bay got Brady in FA [imagine if we would have acquired him w/that roster we had in 2020] and then brought in guys like Gronk, Fournette, AB, etc. The following year, the Rams moved on from Goff and sold the farm for Stafford. They brought in a ton of talent and won it all.

--I think in the box safeties should be phased out. I am not a fan of guys like Peppers, TJ Ward, etc. You need safeties who can cover.

--Young receivers are making more of an immediate impact than ever before.

--I think teams need at least three excellent corners in this pass happy league.

--I think athletic TEs that can exploit Cover 2 are becoming a necessity.