One of the bigger problems with evaluating QBs in the draft is that it's hard to predict growth and development or the environment they'll end up in. I liked Lamar, but I had no faith in Hue to maximize his abilities/utilization. Rosen went to the Cardinals with a first time HC in Wilkes, Leftwich took over as a 1st time OC partway through the season, and his entire OL except for his rookie center missed half the season. His number 1 receiver was Larry Fitzgerald, but it was a 35 y/o Larry. His 2nd and 3rd receivers were fellow rookie Christian Kirk and Chad Williams. He then went to Miami with another defensively minded 1st time HC in Flores and 1st time OC in Chad O'Shea. Josh Allen had a slightly more stable start. Sean McDermott was in his 2nd year in Buffalo coming off a winning season. Daboll had been an OC 4 years in the pros and 1 year at Alabama. Allen still only went 5-6 his rookie year with a 10-12 td-int ratio. He did get to stay with the same HC/OC combo for 4 years, and they brought in Diggs for him.

Fit and support are important in the success or failure of QBs, particularly young ones. A QB's willingness to fit might also play a role. I don't know if that was part of the Baker/Browns breakdown or not.