Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Fate, if it makes you feel better I don't think Allen would have made it to his 3rd year here. His first two years his stats and play weren't good enough for our fans and media. It's amazing what happens when you allow someone to grow.

Not being confrontational, but I don't agree w/that. Allen was wild when we first saw him in the league, but the physical ability just jumped off the screen. The guy also won over his teammates and has really worked on his game. Additionally, most of the fan base and local media have given Baker more credit than I thought he ever deserved. Once again, it's really hard to evaluate collegiate qbs because the transition is so great.

The best talent evaluators in the football world struggle to project how these high-flying qbs will do in the league. Think about it. Goff and Wentz have been so disappointing. Baker and Darnold went before Allen. Rosen went way before Lamar. Tua ahead of Herbert. Trubisky ahead of Mahomes and Watson. LOL.......it's crazy. And I haven't even mentioned guys like Jamarcus Russel, RG III, Daniel Jones, etc.
I don't agree either. It was an easy thing to latch onto as we watched his inconsistency early on.

And yes, exactly what I was eager to type as I read through the rest of the comments... JUMPED off the screen. Despite the learning curve, Buffalo knew they made the right move as soon as he took the field, and teammates knew they had a leader in the locker room.