Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I would like to take a break from the bickering, insults, and pettiness for a moment and ask a question that is relevant to the topic. Last year, the Bengals won their division and went all the way to the Super Bowl after seasons in which I believe they went 2 and 14 and 4 and 12. Does anyone have a sleeper team that might make some unexpected noise?

Denver with Wilson is an obvious choice. I think that Miami might surprise. Baltimore was 4th in the AFCN, and I think that they could contend. I really don't see much from the other "weaker" teams, that didn't make big off-season moves.

Jacksonville could surprise, with their additions and some improvement under Center .... who knows? Can Trevor Lawrence take that big a step forward?

I agree w/your choices, although I don't think anyone would be shocked if Denver or Miami excel. The Jags choice is kinda similar to what Cinci did this past year. The Browns had a losing record and w/the upgrade at QB, they could become an elite team, but again......much like Denver, no one will be overly surprised.

I think the Jags are the only true "sleeper" team. If Lawrence makes a jump, they could make some noise.

As for Allen, I don't think his first two seasons were as bad as people are making it out to be. He had some blunders and some head scratching plays, but I've never seen a young quarterback look so comfortable in the pocket as I have Allen. He is the absolute best QB in the league at standing tall until the last possible minute. His pocket presence is second to none. And it's been that way since his second year in the league. He absolutely has no fear of the pass rush. With his height and frame, he can stand tall, survey the field, and deliver strikes.