Originally Posted by Rishuz
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the discussion to extend Carr was taking place.

I watch him and have moments of "this guy is pretty good" to "he's inconsistent" to "they can't win with him".

He's been in the league for 8 or 9 years and has one playoff game, a loss, in which he played pretty badly on the 4 most crucial plays of the game. He's not athletic or mobile. He's one dimensional. And yet he has stuck with the same team for going on double digit years through multiple coaching staffs and now multiple contracts.

A QB with his credentials would never make it past year 4 in Cleveland. Actually, I find his survival unheard of on the same team in the modern day NFL.

I find this fascinating honestly.

I agree w/some of your takes. I think the playoff thing is a bit unfair because he was a MVP favorite and led the team to the playoffs and then got hurt at the very end of the year when they lost to the Texans, I believe.

I agree that he can cause polarizing evaluations. He can look very good and he is excellent at the end of many games. I do think he holds the ball way too long and that is a terrible trait for a guy who is not a good runner. I do commend him for being a wonderful leader for the team. The Raiders had to endure the Grudin debacle after the league office offered the latter up as sacrificial bait to draw attention away from the crap that was going on in Washington w/Snyder. Then, the Ruggs vehicular homicide tragedy was another devastating blow.

I don't think Carr is a guy who can carry a team and lead them to a championship, such as guys like Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Burrow, Herbert, Watson, etc.....but he is a better than average qb who is a solid guy. I do think he would have lasted four years in Cleveland. Hell, Baker lasted four years and he stinks and is an emotional midget. I remember reading this board one time while I was away and 888 huffed and puffed about how incredulous it was to compare Baker and Carr, as if Baker was soooooo much better. LMAO.....Well, Carr is getting paid big time and no one wants to pay Baker $18--19 million. Reality is far different than the biased opinions of those who don't have a clue about the game of football.