Artistic interpretations of political and social decorum has been a long-standing tool for those who choose to highlight wrongs and propose change. Pink Floyd has been at the forefront in a "quiet" manner as a voice for injustices on many levels. It's too bad that Roger Waters is not involved in this because while he is a controversial and alienating figure, the guy can write!

I've become an old man. I turned 65 in January. Things like Medicare and Social Security are now realities. Selfishly, I wish that the band could reunite, obviously missing Wright who unfortunately passed. I remember listening to the group in the late 60s and 70s and was amazed by how different they were from everyone else. I saw them several times and one of the things I always applauded them for was how they were just some guys in black tee shirts and jeans and they were not part of the "show." Their videos in the concerts were and this was before the era of MTV. Their music sure as hell was the show. I really admired that about Floyd. No attention seeking. Just music w/simple lyrics that captured the sense of social responsibility. Unfortunately, the rift between the bandmates reached a crescendo and things got ugly. So silly.

And I know neither Roger or David will read this, but I was there in Anaheim when you played to a packed crowd and you chided those who were engaging in fist-fighting as "silly people." You were right in your assessment, but my brothers, you two were wrong to fight, as well. No group even came close to what you did and you threw it away due to ego and bruised feelings.

Get back together and do your thing. You are still the best who ever did it. No one can approach your unique style and deep understanding of how the world works. Some can do one or the other, but no one does both like you did. And bring back Dick Perry on the sax.

Anyway, proud of David and Nick and standing up for a good cause!