Another poster brought up Watson's ranking in The Bake Show thread. I've actually tried to rank the qbs before but would become frustrated because it is very hard to do. For example, who should be higher between Burrow and Herbert? I do think there are tiers of QBs that make things a bit more clear. I also think that current rankings and "starting a team with..." need to be differentiated. I'll take a stab at the top to maybe middle tiers. I will also include last year's PFF ranking where applicable and put them in parentheses after the individual's name.

ELITE: I consider elite QBs as guys who can elevate their teammates to become better players. These are guys who can perform at a high level in the clutch. They can make plays when the play call is not very good and/or when the defensive play call is great. They can turn disasters into miracles. They pick up first downs when their team is behind the chain and in crucial moments. They may have bad moments and a few bad games, but you know you have a chance to win each and every week w/that guy behind center.

Tom Brady [PFF #2]; Aaron Rodgers [#5]; Joe Burrow [#1]; Justin Herbert [#4]; Josh Allen [#3]; Deshawn Watson [NA]; Patrick Mahomes [#11]. That is seven guys that I consider elite. I don't have them in any particular order. I will say a few words about each.

Brady: He can never receive enough credit for how he elevates the play of his teammates. The Bucs were 7 and 9 before he got there. They won the Super Bowl. He is the ultimate competitor and he elevates the entire culture of his organization.

Rodgers: He's the most talented qb I have ever seen. He has a gift to perfectly place the ball. He can make every throw from any angle. He has been clutch in the past, but these last two playoff runs were disappointing. Also, I am not a fan of his drama. But, he's just so talented and accomplished so much that he can't be omitted from the list.

Allen: He is like the perfect qb from a physical perspective. He's big. He's strong. His arm strength is probably the best in the league. He is also tough. He's worked very hard on his game and his teammates love him. That performance against KC in the playoffs was maybe the best performance I have ever witnessed by a qb.

Burrow: He improved his arm strength during the off-season last year. This guy is a gamer. He played w/great skill guys, but his OL sucked. He has the ability to make big plays when things break down or not going well. I think he is the second best leader of any qb in the league, only trailing Brady. I worry about Joe getting injured a lot.

Herbert: Another guy w/great measurables and a huge arm. He is also a much better athlete and runner than some give him credit for. I worry that he might be hampered by having such a clueless head coach.

Watson: Great leader and competitor. Can beat you w/his arm and legs. Had one of the greatest seasons ever recorded despite playing in horrific conditions. He is excellent at making key plays when things break down. It's deflating for a defense when you have a team backed up at 3rd and 12, get a big pass rush, cover the receivers and then have a QB make a miraculous play w/either his arm or legs to get the first down. I am concerned that the local fans and media are going to make his life miserable.

Mahomes: He's right there w/Rodgers in making unreal throws from all platforms. Maybe even more-so. He's like a Harlem Globetrotter on the football field. A magician. Don't blitz this guy. He will make you pay. He's another guy that picks up first downs when everything is stacked against him. I do think his fundamentals are poor and they need to improve and his second half performance against the Bengals in the playoffs left a lot to be desired. But, he's a great young man and he will work to get better.

I'll be back w/more. I will rank the guys if I was starting a team. For example, Brady and Rodgers would not be on that list due to their advanced age. I will also do the next tier of guys. I would love to hear what you guys think about this topic.