Everybody hates the idea of investing highly in a punter or kicker, but I think that if there is a guy who you believe is going to contribute positively in every single game you play, then why wouldn't you invest highly to make sure you get the guy? Yes, you have to balance that with how far you think all 31 other teams would let that person slide, but it only takes one to ruin it by taking him ahead of you.

Teams drop mid-round picks on developmental guys that usually never pan out and often, at most, play special teams coverage units.... so, why wouldn't they spend the same on a guy that can flip the field for you? Same thing for kickers.... if a team drafted a 3rd round WR that averaged scoring three points every game for you, fans would love him. However, they call it spending too highly if you do the same for a kicker that nails long FG. I mean, look at the Ravens' kicker.... who on here wouldn't gladly trade a 2nd rounder for a guy who would have that career? That dude has won them sooooo many games. I mean, he has probably won more than their defense or their QB has.