I assume you're talking about The Queen's Gambit... it was based on a 1983 novel by Walter Tevis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen%27s_Gambit_(novel) And yes, it was amazing. I was sure at the time it was meant to stand alone in one season, and any rumors of a second season have always been shot down by director and EP, Scott Frank...

"I feel like we told the story we wanted to tell, and I worry – let me put it differently – I'm terrified that if we try to tell more, we would ruin what we've already told."

As for Ozark, couldn't agree more. No comparison between the depth of characters here to Breaking Bad or Saul. Tom Pelphrey as Ben Davis (Wendy's brother) delivered one of the most poignant performances I've seen in quite awhile. His Emmy snub was, in a word, pathetic.

Edit to add:

Can't be posted here due to language, Youtube: Ozark – Ben Davis Opening Monologue (Full Taxi Scene)
Chilling. I remember being a bit befuddled early in that season. Wondering why they would attempt to inject such a weird character into such a complex plot... boy did I get it wrong.