Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by eotab
What I don't understand is why is so important for you to have Baker a flop...right now he is an incomplete in most expert rankings unlike Darnold and some others.

I am curious ... how is Baker an incomplete while Darnold is not?

Cap...when I wrote that I had just read (within 24 hours) a grade on QBs by top football person not sure if it was Collinsworth but somebody and it was pretty real. They had seen enough of Darnold to count him out but evidently not enough of Baker - who had so many good spots and then so many bad and had Baker winning a playoff game and then last year with injury he played and didn't play well. So I understood the incomplete cause that is how I feel about him. I was looking forward to his play this year as a Brown and then the crapolla hit the fan. It is why many Browns fans have not bought into the change of QBs easily. Some feel Baker is a bust but that is a lot of sports journalist who don't report like they should they go with the flavor of the month. I have no problems with the change football wise - I don't like 3 years of no first round pics cause that has never worked out well for teams in the past and I think your first round picks with the contracts of today are the heart blood of the team. Its the only place you can get a Ward, Garrett, Newsome, Wills. But what I don't like about it is we are gambling cause its not a sure thing that Watson will be "ALLOWED" to play football. That scares me. The Browns liked Baker enough for them last year to give him a guaranteed 18+ mil contract this year. All of the really bad is with is season that he played with a torn Labrum in the shoulder which he probably should not have played. I however am not going to post every other post about Baker...this thread I'm giving my opinion mainly cause you asked. Incomplete cause of inconsistent results of his play. If Watson did not have the baggage regardless of how much I liked Baker I would be excited about the trade even though I cringe that for 3 years we won't have 1st round picks but I do know they were going to be late first rounder so not that bad. We would still win which is all I want for my Browns within limits. I wish to do it with some Character. jmho