Originally Posted by bonefish
Christian Watson was brought to Berea so the Browns are interested.

He has the gifts of height and speed. I have not watched much of his game tape and did not see his drops.

Drops for a receiver are not a good thing at all. So it would be important to see every drop he had. Look closely. How does he catch the ball?

Sometimes it is a concentration thing. Other times it maybe that he tries to use his body to cradle that is poor technique.

Extensive jugs machine work and hands on coaching can correct some things. However, some receivers are glue. They have a natural knack for catching.

Watch the tape on Garrett, Pickens, Jahan Dotson and Skyy Moore. They have natural hands and body control. All of them play a little different game.

But when that ball is in the air. They come down with it. I place a high value on that. Technique and quickness will allow a good route runner to gain separation. But in the NFL you have to make contested catches. The defenders are real good and the defenses are sophisticated.

W/ Watson's issues are more than his uneven hands ... he has poor ball tracking skills too.

But he will still be drafted somewhere on day two. I just hope that if we take him it is with the 99th pick and not before ... as a former WR, I have a problem with poor hands when it comes WRs' even if they run fast ... See Schwartz for an example.