Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I don't worry too much about rankings. Part of that is the team around the QB. Stafford is a good example. With the Linons he looked good but wasn't considered all that good by those ranking players. With the Rams he was good enough to win a SB.

Watson looks to be a clear upgrade over Baker. Where that ranks him I don't really care. I have a feeling he ranks high enough that we should have every chance we need to win a SB, at least from a QB standpoint.

That doesn't mean we will. We still need him to play well, as well as the other players on the team. If everybody else does their part, Watson will rank high enough.

Also, to me it isn't so much about the plays a QB makes. It's about the bad plays they don't make.

Peen, I started the thread to generate some football talk and I thought it might be fun rather than all the annoying bickering that dominates things around here.

I hear you about Stafford and Lions, but would like to point out how the Rams could not get it done w/a former overall #1 pick in Goff and then won it all when they changed QBs. Furthermore, TB was 7 and 9 w/one qb and then brought. in Brady and won the Super Bowl the very next year. QBs who can elevate others are huge!!!

I understand and wasn't trying to put the thread down. Most of the time I no longer feel like typing out all of my thoughts in detail and just sort of skipped to the summation.