Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c….

From Berry’s press conference today.

How would you interpret that comment in regards to the chance of us bringing him back?
It's hard to judge demeanor, intent, etc, from a tweeted piece of his comments. On the surface, "wherever he ends up" doesn't sound very promising.

Here's the full statement regarding Landry:

"I thought Jarvis was productive for us last year, and he did battle through a few injuries and tough it out and got back as quickly as possible. I think everybody knows our affinity for Jarvis the person and Jarvis the competitor. I think he will have a successful season wherever he ends up next year."

I think Berry is very straight forward with players. He'll state intentions, they'll express their point of view, he'll adjust accordingly. Jarvis stating he'd like to dip his toes in the FA waters was probably met with a "that's fine, but here's where we stand"... and an offer. With the disclaimer being if we have to play the waiting game, the offer likely won't change.

Straight forward, no nonsense, let the chips fall where they may. I would think most players appreciate that posture.