Originally Posted by mgh888
Agree having a capable guy in the slot would be a huge bonus. Cooper himself has been excellent when he's lined up in the slot I believe - and if he returned Landry would be great there imo. If Cooper and DPJ are occupying a lot of attention from your safeties, it leaves the slot guy the opportunity to make medium depth plays with the threat of YAC ... if the safeties start paying attention to your slot guy, then you hope you can threaten them deep with DPJ on a go route or Cooper on a double move or post route...
I know this is a DPJ thread, but you mentioned Landry in the slot and Cooper's ability to play from that position as well. Here's something I read yesterday. I think they could be interchangeable in many formations and add even more nuance, resulting in more pre-snap "guessing" by opposing defenses...

21. JARVIS LANDRY, CLEVELAND BROWNS
OBJ has had a tough time finding his footing with Baker Mayfield, but Landry is on the other end of the spectrum. The former Miami Dolphin has notched an 80.0-plus receiving grade in each of the past two seasons, forming a two-year mark that ranks 15th among qualifying wide receivers.

Landry, who was once infamously known for being only a slot weapon, accomplished those feats while seeing more reps on the outside. He ran the highest rate of routes from the outside in his career in both 2019 and 2020, combining to produce the sixth-best receiving grade on those plays. He went from the 22nd percentile in grade against single coverage in 2017 and 2018 to the 90th percentile on such reps in 2019 and 2020.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-wide-receiver-rankings-32-best-wrs-entering-2021-nfl-season