This topic was started by Clem back 2018. I PMed him last night about it because I wanted to revive it w/a cover that absolutely blew me away. He gave me the correct title name and some search advice. I did find the thread, but it said something like 404, File Not Found. I probably am doing something wrong. I apologize for that. Anyway, I just wanted to clear up that this is a continuation of Clem's thread and not my own idea. He deserves the credit for the thread topic.

The song I am about to share is one of my favorites of all-time. It's been recorded many times and recorded by some of the very best like Ella and Louie. It reminds me somewhat of To Kill a Mockingbird in how it captures the essence of a time period and southern culture. It's hypnotizing and riveting. This rendition is by a relatively unknown artist. It popped up on one of my Pandora stations one day and I was freaking amazed. Her voice isn't the greatest, but it's amazingly unique. The band is really good in making this a sultry, deep, reflective piece. Love the tempo. Please give it a listen. If you like it, look for a live version. There is one w/a piano player who is quite dramatic and it's a cool listen. Here is the recording from the album, though.