Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
--While I would take a ham sandwich for Baker if they pay his salary, I would feel bad for Seahawk fans and their board members if they indeed to have one. Can you imagine the Baker fans there? DK Metcaff and Locket suck! Worst OL in the history of the world. Pete Carrol has a terrible scheme. The Seattle fans are really aggressive and mean. Baker is really good, but the D stinks. You people are just haters. Russel Wilson is nowhere near the qb Baker is.
Originally Posted by Rishuz
He seems strangely at peace with his current situation.

Something tells me he'd be ok if he never played football again. I don't think the NFL was what he thought it was going to be.

So in a thread talking about DPJ - we had a poster go off on his high horse which included broad character attacks on others because posters had the temerity to start talking about DPJ's potential because he suffered a season with his own injuries and he had a QB who was injured and playing badly. Apparently this wasn't accepting able in "Pure Football".

But as long as we are deriding Baker - it seems it's okay to feel sorry for other teams if they traded for Bake - speculate on nonsense they might say in defense of Baker (presumably because that was one of the agendas here anytime there was a discussion about Baker and his performances) ... and it's okay to speculate on Baker's state of mind and the idea that he want's out of the NFL (or is comfortable with it).

Rish - you know I saw your comment last night and I didn't think too much of it. You've had a hard if consistent approach to Baker throughout his tenure here. My single biggest gripe would be that you were always very active after bad games and gave very scant comment after good games. And I don't have any issue with your opinion about him being at peace and happy to move on ... but it comes at a time we just had this other sermon about posters not sticking to football, so I've included it with the other comment. The reason I disagree with you about the place Baker is in - and I am happy for him if he has found a little zen amidst this off season - he was hurt all last year (bar 1 game) and he gritted it out. The injury clearly hurt less as we got to the final 1/4 of the season, but he was in real and severe pain in a few games. During that time he showed absolutely zero interest in taking an easy option and sitting, he showed no less passion, his commitment to the team and game was 100%. While he's in a state of flux with the Browns, hopefully he's realized all he can do is focus on himself, his recovery and his attitude ... no idea how much of that he has done, but based on what we saw on the football field there's no quit in him from what I can see.

As for the rest - it really does seem that the idea of a stadium full of fans cheering on Baker agitated someone enough to make them repeat the negative commentary again. Personally I think it's too soon to laugh and and belittle Baker because he and his $18M contract have not been traded yet. There's a couple articles posted here explaining why - and how teams know the Browns are in a no-win, weak situation with Baker. Maybe despite that - Baker won't find a home next year. Maybe he won't be a starter. But we won't know till after the draft. After Baker is not a Brown. Being too gleeful, too soon says more about the poster than anything else.