Originally Posted by oobernoober
Not sure if you and I are thinking along the same lines, but IMO, this is a perfect way to approach the questions I have. I honestly don't see the acquisition as a big deal, but others feel different (IMO, because they treat Twitter as more than it really should be). Twitter is simply a social media platform. The content should always be treated with skepticism, and social media platforms will come and go. I don't see how Musk owning it has any real bearing on those tenets.

Well the idea is that the algorithms and moderators lean heavily left and that there is some sort of power scale being tipped. I have LONG thought conservatives whining about their social media were kooks. Then they banned a sitting president and I was like ok, well he's an idiot so.

Then censoring around the election happened where posts connecting Biden and China/Ukraine. Thought that was weird.

Then Hunter Biden was Russian disinformation, it was not

Then you started being banned for questioning covid and the efficacy of vaccines and then I really had issues with it. Like how dare you peasants ask questions.

All these little things that on their own can be dismissed started piling up to where I could see why a lot of people think their is in fact bias.

Then the reaction of "I'm leaving twitter" and white Sean King deleting his account when Musk, a card carrying ACLU member buys twitter because he talked about free speech......it all adds up to people thinking they are losing something......losing what exactly?

It'll be interesting to see, are conservative folk just some whiney group with bot followers who get purged regularly, are they being shadow banned, Ice Cube tweeted to Musk to end his shadow ban.....

Would love to see Musk make it all available to the public.....he wont, but we are about to find out who is lying.