What I liked about this draft.

#1 - The Defensive Lineman with emphasis on the pass rush. Alex Wright is a player that can hopefully play behind Clowney for now and be in the rotation. He is someone who could be a future starter opposite Garrett in a year or two. He has good size for a DE and has athletic ability. Perrion Winfrey will either start or be in the DT rotation. He brings some athleticism to the DT's. If the Browns have Garrett and Clowney outside Winfrey should be very valuable with some push up the middle. Isaiah Thomas was a productive pass rusher in college and posted a nice 4.7 forty at the combine. He could see some time in pure pass rush opportunities in 2022. He needs to gain some weight and lower body strength to ever be a starter in the NFL.

#2 - Getting a Kicker with a strong leg who was part of a national championship and kicked a school record 57 yarder in final seconds to upset Florida. That is the kinda clutch kicking a team needs to win close playoff games.

#3 - This will be controversial but I have to say the trade down at #44. I did not like it at the time. I wanted Nakobe Dean or Travis Jones at the time. The reason I ended up liking the trade was I would have been happy with Perrion Winfrey at 44 and they traded back and still got him later.

What I did not like about the draft.

#1 - Drafting a running back Jerome Ford. I really like the Chubb, Hunt, Johnson, and Felton as a running back room. This trade makes me think that Hunt will mpore than likely be part of a Baker Mayfield trade to get something for Baker. I think when healthy Chubb and Hunt are tough to deal with. I don't want to see that broke up.

#2 - Was not overly impressed with Martin Emerson. Again, did not see a need at CB with Ward, Newsome, Greedy, Hill, and Green. Then trading a proven commodity Hill for a 2023 5th round pick for an unproven rookie. I just did not see the need.

#3 - Would have selected an Olineman earlier than the 7th round let alone the last pick. With Conklin coming back from injury I would have taken Darrian Kinnard in the 4th round instead of trading a 4th for a 2023 4th and a 2022 5th round pick.

Overall, the draft was alright. I would rather have hoohum drafts and great seasons than in the past when we would have big drafts and poor seasons.