you asked for a source, i gave you the source. if you have a problem with jason lloyd of the athletic as a journalist, take it up with him.

but you still don't get it. it doesn't matter how many owners are upset, because they are only upset that they were outbid and the price tag it took to get Watson.

4 owners said lets trade for him. an addition 2 attempted, but we're denied.

THAT'S A DIVISION AND A HALF WORTH OF OWNERS. so it went from 31 owners to 25. that doesn't include the owners who were interested in trading for watson, but the PRICE TAG was too steep for them to even make the texans an offer, so who knows what that number is... i'm not sure what your issue is with the comment i made. let's not act like within the next year or two, 230 mill will still be at the top. the cap is going up, and it's been trending that way and we all saw it coming. only reason Lamar isn't signed is because he doesn't have an agent, and it is on this really meta level thinking when it comes to his self worth (for another thread). Ravens been trying to resign him. by the way, have you seen what Matt Ryan is making this year? You see Aaron being A-Aron and getting rewarded for it?

we did what we had to do to get our house, just like any one of these owners would've done if the opportunity presented itself. do you normally win a bid and then consider the feelings of other people who tried to outbid you? when you here/read a guy that tried to buy the same piece you bought say,"man it wasn't all that anyway. he overy paid", do you start believing that and second guessing yourself all the time?

or do you not give a crap, because it's worth whatever you were willing to spend? and at the end of the day, they DID try to buy the same piece you did, so it was clearly worth something to someone other than yourself.

i feel like i just stated the complete obvious, but you're trying to make this seem like it's way bigger than what it really is. they're salty, and they'll get over it. the NFL fights against a lot of things, some i agree and disagree with, others i don't care. it is a business, after all. i love the team aspect of sports, but in this specific topic we're talking financials of an employee and the employer. i love it when it employees get that bag. always gonna support that, so if the corporation doesn't like it, then let's see what happens. do they take measures to stop it from happening in the future?

or does the guaranteed pay go up....like it always has. because the cap is gonna increase....like it always has, because the market value goes up, like it always has. you really getting caught up with old rich dudes who are salty they lost a bid or a date.

"man she ain't that cute anyway"

Pit and mac: omg, there's something deeper here!

anyway, Baker painted himself into a corner after such a phenomenal HISTORICAL rookie season. but now we have 4 years worth of tape to see the big picture. Baker's one winning season came when he was not the focal point of the offense, nor had much control of it. he threw the most picks and patted passes in the league since entering, and that was BEFORE the shoulder injury. he isn't accurate, couldn't make it work with a talent like OBJ, and won't keep his trap shut. my comment about Baker wasn't directed at you, but i'm just commenting in general that if Baker was anything close to what some believe he is, somebody would've traded for him already. 18 mill is a bargain for a starting NFL QB in this league *if* he is what some people think.

i tried buying into baker, but he was just too inconsistent. too many times he had a chance to put the team on his back and win us a game, but failed. everything has to be perfect for him to be successful, and with the QB's around the league now? nah, we need THAT guy, and baker ain't it. i really dont care what we do with him at this point, i want to move on from him. we already has brissett to start if watson gets suspended.

but cleary in this specific thread, Baker ain't that dude. no trades before or during the draft. none so far. we don't even know if he's recovered yet. 18 mill guaranteed, can't stop running his mouth. and people at some point must admit that OBJ going to LA mid season and having an immediate impact was a huge indictment against Baker.

he's an average qb recovering from a shoulder injury. there's already plenty of healthy ones in the league.