Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
No, I don't know the answer, that is why I asked.

I guess I should just go away happy at this half discussion with the knowledge nobody yelled TRUMP!

Peace.

The math here is quite simple. This goes back much further than Trump. It's just that before Trump, making every attempt to keep our people divided wasn't shouted out loud. It wasn't made so obvious. In that regard I guess for those actually paying attention it was a blessing.

When a small minority of people maintain the vast majority of the wealth, keeping those with much less divided is your safety net. Keeping the poor and middle class thinking they are the enemy of each other keeps the attention off of you. And I'm not one to be fooled into thinking that all of the wealthy belong to one party or the other. I'm also not naive enough to think all of the wealthy are that way. Raising a man's wage to the point he can afford to live is not your enemy. Billionaires having baked in tax loopholes preventing them from paying their share of taxes is. Healthcare for all isn't your enemy. Lobbyists making sure we all pay more for prescription drugs and have the highest healthcare costs on the globe are.

People need to figure out who the real enemy is here and stop being distracted by the talking heads.