j/c:

For those who are more casual fans and not into some of the packages, schemes, etc.........I'll add this. 11 Personnel is what we primarily ran in 2019 when Freddie was the HC. The first 1 represents the number of running backs and the second 1 is the number of TEs on the field. Kitchens was fired after that disastrous season and it was understood that Baker could not thrive in such a system. Stefanski was hired and ran a lot more 12 and 13 personnel and even some 22 personnel. Again, first number is for the # of backs and second number represents the # of TEs on the field. We were able to utilize more play action due our strong OL and great running game. We ran naked boots. All of these things helped Baker improve. Some folks are now claiming that Stefanski's scheme hurt Baker. I think that is false.

What Watson brings to the team is that he can be good in any of the packages. We can mix up our personnel packages. That's a huge benefit. Personally speaking, while I hope we mix in 11 Personnel, I prefer that we still use 12 Personnel as our most used package. I think that plays to the strengths of our offensive personnel. I do think that we still need another experienced WR. I really wish Landry would have came back, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.