Steve, let me play devils advocate to your devils advocate....What if they do suspend him indefinitely...then next year, he goes and wins all 22 cases...he already wasn't allowed to play last year...and then get suspended for another full year...and in the end, he would have been shown not to have done anything wrong...You would be ok with that?(just asking...not accusing)

I think the NFL as was said earlier to be in a no win situation...And MLB and their pre-emptive nuclear deterrent of punishment isn't helping things. It isn't helping victims of domestic violence or sexual assault, and it certainly isn't helping people who might be falsely accused. I can't agree with an indefinite ban until things are cleared up in the civil cases...Once you impose it...you can't take it back. They either need to be specific, eg, 0, 4, 8, 10 games, or they should hold off until the cases are completed next year.

Personally, I have no idea what is going to happen...Much like Vers, I am not saying he is guilty or innocent. in fact since these are civil cases he is not guilty or innocent. Two Grand Juries have stated as such...So I actually hate the connotation of guilt or innocence in these discussions. So rather I should say I don't know what he did or did not do and I am not going to speculate. I am going to let things play out. As such I am going to keep an open mind to all possibilities. I will not try him in the court of mob mentality. In fact I won't judge him at all. I am not on any jury, I don't have all the information and may never get any information. All I can ethically do is make decisions based on the results.

If he is found responsible in the civil trials....Then he deserves all that comes his way...But if he isn't.....Well there is a group of people that won't even consider that possibility even if that were to happen...