Originally Posted by LexDawg
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I agree in principle, but the way these cases are disposed of leaves too much room for doubt IMO. If these are settled and no new facts are revealed or released proving him innocent (or at least not a total rapey scumbag), I can't root for him. That becomes a major issue for me personally. I don't know about you. We all know allegations can falsely ruin a man's career, and I don't want to do that by assuming his guilt or culpability. But I also will not root for a rapey scumbag, no matter who he plays for. No way I would have rooted for Ben, because I know exactly who he WAS coming out of college, rather he still is or not. My daughter went to school there and everybody knew Ben was full of himself and would use his star status on women. He could have easily went to jail over some of the things I heard. But again, I can't be sure how accurate those claims were, even coming from my daughter. She never personally interacted with him.

The women in this case did, and I would like to hear them on the stand. Not some article where they can easily cover their bases on being fact checked, but on stand under the pressure of legal testimony. If the accusations stand up after that, smh, what should we think? If not, it makes it easier to have him here by leaps and bounds. I couldn't care less about a Super Bowl right now, and can't believe I'm in a position to even feel that way. Hell, I've wanted that for the Browns since I was a kid. How do you turn that off? Like this I reckon, bring in a star QB with all these rapey allegations, while crapping on the guy you said would start and just extended. This whole situation is mind blowing to me from a business and moral sense. Just as a fan, anything to win sounded good until now. But suddenly a larger than you think portion of the fanbase NEEDS these answers, or it's going to be very hard going forward. And I don't think winning will cure this, personally.

For me it boggles my mind how a single person can offer up that asking for a trade and being upset after being replaced is a glaring character issue for a person while also completely overlooking 22 allegations by different women for someone else. Like I read earlier today, if he had gotten the hint after two or three it wouldn't seem so bad but at least 22 seems really concerning. It seems reasonable that people take a step back at that point and become cautious about supporting that person. I am not sure why that is an issue for other people. There are so many disingenuous arguments on both sides at this point I am not sure fans care about the truth.

The upside that someone said that echoed with me, I can support every other player on the team without reservation and still be concerned about the character of one. The guys supporting Watson are doing that now, they just take issue with a different QB so it shouldnt seem strange to them either.

Are you OldColdDawg too, Vers??