j/c:

I am really, really excited to see what our offense is going to look like w/Watson at qb. I think that Stefanski is a very bright offensive mind. I love the offenses that come from the Shanahan/Kubiak tree. The zone blocking techniques are amazing. It is my hope that we stay w/12 personnel as the package we run most often. Of course, we can now add in some 11 personnel if we want and will probably run some 13 personnel.

The thing that has me so excited is that we have a great OL. They are one of the best in the entire league and PFF had them ranked #1 in 2020. Add in two great backs w/Chubb and Hunt and teams have to really put men in the box to stop the run. Now, w/Watson at qb, teams will get burned if they commit too many guys to the run. Watson is a good pocket passer who can read coverages. Not as elite as Drew Brees, but he's certainly good at it. Then, think about this, we run some boots w/Watson. The Browns ran the 4th most boots in the entire league last year. But, teams are going to be in a world of hurt if they are geared to stopping our running game and in odd coverages, such as Cover1, Cover 3, or Cover 5 because they will be trailing the receivers and Watson will kill them by running for 20 yards or so.

I'm telling you guys that defensive coordinators are going to be staying up late trying to find ways to combat our strengths. Watson, this OL, and RBs combined w/Stefanski's scheme is going to give teams nightmares.